Dance Programs & Classes
- 2019-2020 Class Schedule Please note, there may still be some minor tweaks, but we expect this is close. (updated @ Sep 22)
- Online Waiver - if you danced at DA previously, please complete our waiver online. Note: you will need to know your 5-digit family code to complete the waiver.
A dynamic program, for students who love to dance for fun and exercise, offers dancers the opportunity to develop their skills in a fun and encouraging environment.
- 1/2 hour of jazz & 1/2 hour of tap
- 1/2 hour of jazz & 1/2 hour of ballet.
Junior & Intermediate
Your choice of: Jazz, Tap, Ballet, Hip-hop, Lyrical, Acro. ½ hour or 45 min classes available.
Offers teens new hip hop, lyrical or jazz steps and techniques in a fun, social setting.
Workshops, Drop-in & Technique Classes
Students will combine dance and gymnastics skills, including: tumbling, balance, flexibility and partner work. Dancers are grouped by ability and experience. Dance Adventure is one of the few Acrobatic Arts Certified studios in the KW area.
- Intro: No skill required. Students will be working on basic rolls, cartwheels and balance elements.
- Junior: Students will focus on progressing through rolls, cartwheels, bridges, walkovers and other balance elements.
- Intermediate: Students will focus on mastering front/back walkovers, handstands, handsprings and aerial preps.
- Advanced: Students will be working on more complex stunts.
Dance Adventure Rhythm Experience (D.A.R.E.)
D.A.R.E. offers an exciting weekly class filled with dance, movement and music. D.A.R.E. is a class that provides active and social engagement for kids across developmental and physical abilities. The program runs year long and provides an optional year end show performance with the Dance Adventure community.
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A fun week of dance and theatre for children. Jazz, hip hop, acting, arts and crafts, costumes and set design. Expect an exciting theme days and a camp-end performance! Bring active wear, dance shoes or bare feet, water bottle, bagged lunch and sun screen.
Competitive is for dedicated students with a focus on strong technique, confidence and performance. Our competitive team participates in roughly three competitions each year and has been recognized with many awards and scholarships at events across Ontario and in the USA. Weekly ballet training is required. Dancers are selected to compete at the instructor’s discretion. Proper dance attire and attendance is a must!
More information is available on our Competitive Team page
Terms & Fees
We have two terms for dance lessons (fall-winter & winter-spring), plus a summer program including dance camp and technique classes.
- Term 1: September 9, 2019 - February 2, 2020
- Term 2: February 3, 2020 - June 19, 2020
- Dance Camp:
Two one-week sessions in mid to late July. More details to come!
- Summer Technique: Tuesdays & Thursdays through the summer
- Private Lessons: based on studio and faculty availability
Please contact Dance Adventure for more information regarding class rates.