Dance Programs & Classes
2018 Fall Registration: Wed Aug 22, 5-8pm | Thr Aug 23, 5-8pm
- New Dancers Welcome! Please speak to one of the teachers at registration regarding dance options for your family.
- Returning Dancers will be placed in recommended classes; a list will be posted at the studio prior to registration. If those classes work, please register that day. If you would like another day, time or type of dance, please speak to one of the teachers at registration for a recommendation.
- NOTE: If you are a returning DA Dancer, we've tried to make your lives much easier this year. When you walk in the door, please pick up the following two forms: Pre-Registration Summary and the Registration Form that is pre-filled in with your info from last year!. Sheets will be in the folders at the front of the studio, organized by Family Name. The Pre-Registration summary has a full list of the recommended and available dances for you and will greatly speed-up your registration process.
- In the event that you are unable to attend the August registration, we will hold a later registration date on Friday Sept 7 from 5-7pm.
A dynamic program, for students who love to dance for fun and exercise, offers dancers the opportunity to develop their skills in a fun and encouraging environment.
- 1/2 hour of jazz & 1/2 hour of tap
- 1/2 hour of jazz & 1/2 hour of ballet.
Junior & Intermediate
Your choice of: Jazz, Tap, Ballet, Hip-hop, Lyrical, Acro. ½ hour or 45 min classes available.
Offers teens new hip hop, lyrical or jazz steps and techniques in a fun, social setting.
Zumba! For adults looking for a fun way to exercise, socialize and learn new-moves on the dance floor!
Workshops, Drop-in & Technique Classes
Students will combine dance and gymnastics skills, including: tumbling, balance, flexibility and partner work. Dancers are grouped by ability and experience. Dance Adventure is one of the few Acrobatic Arts Certified studios in the KW area.
- Intro: No skill required. Students will be working on basic rolls, cartwheels and balance elements.
- Junior: Students will focus on progressing through rolls, cartwheels, bridges, walkovers and other balance elements.
- Intermediate: Students will focus on mastering front/back walkovers, handstands, handsprings and aerial preps.
- Advanced: Students will be working on more complex stunts.
Dance Adventure Rhythm Experience (D.A.R.E.)
D.A.R.E. offers an exciting weekly class filled with dance, movement and music. D.A.R.E. is a class that provides active and social engagement for kids across developmental and physical abilities. The program runs year long and provides an optional year end show performance with the Dance Adventure community.
For more information please email: email@example.com
A fun week of dance and theatre for children. Jazz, hip hop, acting, arts and crafts, costumes and set design. Expect an exciting theme days and a camp-end performance! Bring active wear, dance shoes or bare feet, water bottle, bagged lunch and sun screen.
Competitive is for dedicated students with a focus on strong technique, confidence and performance. Our competitive team participates in roughly three competitions each year and has been recognized with many awards and scholarships at events across Ontario and in the USA. Weekly ballet training is required. Dancers are selected to compete at the instructor’s discretion. Proper dance attire and attendance is a must!
More information is available on our Competitive Team page
Terms & Fees
We have two terms for dance lessons (fall-winter & winter-spring), plus a summer program including dance camp and technique classes.
- Term 1: September 10, 2018 - February 3, 2019
- Term 2: February 4, 2019 - June 22, 2019
- Dance Camp:
- Week 1: July 9-13, 2018
- Week 2: July 16-20, 2018
- Summer Technique: Tuesdays & Thursdays through the summer
- Private Lessons: based on studio and faculty availability
Please contact Dance Adventure for more information regarding class rates.