Things To Plan For
We have two terms for dance lessons (fall-winter & winter-spring), plus a summer program including dance camp and technique classes.
- Term 1: September 10, 2018 - February 3, 2019
- Term 2: February 4, 2019 - June 21, 2019
- Dance Camp:
- Week 1: July 15-19, 2019 ($230)
- Week 2: July 29-Aug 1, 2019 ($185)
- Summer Technique: Tuesdays & Thursdays through the summer
- Private Lessons: based on studio and faculty availability
We will be closed on the following dates this dance season:
- Thanksgiving: Oct 8, 2018
- Hallowe'en*: Oct 31, 2018
- Holiday Break: Dec 24 - Jan 6, 2019
- Family Day*: Feb 18, 2019
- March Break*: Mar 11-17, 2019
- Good Friday*: Apr 19, 2019
- Victoria Day*: May 20, 2019
*Competitive classes may be held on these dates
Shows and Events
Our annual Holiday Showcase is a treat for friends and family. There will be raffle prizes, a yummy bake sale table and tons of dances that will put everyone the holiday spirit.
The Nutcracker TeaEach year our ballet students work together to put on a production of the Nutcracker in the form of a tea. This is their opportunity to learn how to put on a production from start to finish - including set design, tickets, event management, stage management and baking (you need treats for a tea!). This is an exciting project that Dance Adventure has done since opening in 1999. It is also a wonderful afternoon of dance and delicious goodies!
Benefits & Community Performances
Each year our dancers are asked to perform at a variety of local shows and benefits. Please watch for signs at the studio for more information.
Year End Show
Friends and family are welcome to attend Dance Adventure's Year-End Show at Humanities Theatre in Waterloo. All students will perform at each of the exciting and entertaining shows that you won't want to miss!
- Payments can be made by cash, cheque, debit, Visa, MasterCard or eTransfer. Please make cheques payable to Dance Adventure KW Inc
- The Annual Registration Fee is non-refundable and is required for each dancer upon registration
- All class payments are required at the beginning of each dance term
- Payment plans are available and may be subject to an administrative fee
- Pro-rated refunds for dance classes are available, upon request
- Costume fees for recreational classes are a flat fee associated with recital costumes. This fee is the complete fee for those costumes. Payment is requested at term 1 registration but required at the beginning of term 1. Costume Fees are refundable, upon request, until March 15 for recreational classes.*Important: if your dancer will not be taking part in the Year End Recital it is the parent's responsibility to advise the instructor for each class as well as the desk staff prior to March 15.
- The competitive costume fee is a deposit toward competition group-dance costumes (solos, duets, etc. are not included). Payment is required at registration.
- NSF Cheques are subject to a $35 fee. Insufficient funds for payment plan scenarios are subject to a $45 fee
- Dancers, family members and guests to Dance Adventure KW Inc. facilities or sanctioned events agree to report unsafe conduct or conditions to studio staff or a studio representative
- Dance Adventure KW Inc. reserves the right to utilize images of, or quotes from, dancers, family members and guests to the studio or studio sanctioned events in studio related promotional material