New Studio Protocols due to COVID-19:
These protocols have been adapted from the Provincial Guidelines and the information developed by Dance Safe partner studios. In some cases we have put in place policies that are slightly more stringent than the recommended guidelines. This is to help add an additional layer of protection to our staff, dancers and their families.
**If you are feeling unwell or exhibiting any COVID related symptoms, DO NOT come to the studio. We will have Zoom classes set up for the room you are in so you can take part. If our instructors or staff feel that dancers may be unwell, they will be asked to go home.
Pre-Screening prior to entering the studio:
Everyone will be required to complete the Dance Adventure Pre-Screen form below, or by scanning the QR code on the studio window. We require that all dancers, staff and affiliates entering the building fill out this electronic form prior to being granted access. Parents/caregivers must also complete the online health waiver for themselves when accompanying their children.
Pre-Screen Form: bit.ly/DAPrescreen
All dancers, staff and visitors to the building are required to wear a mask. Dancers are required to wear masks during class (until further notice). Only approved masks can be worn - masks with "vent holes" are not effective and are not allowed to be used.
Only one parent will be permitted into the studio for children under 5yrs. No other parents or family members (including siblings) will be allowed into the studio. Parents must wear masks inside the facility.
Other things to expect:
- Dancer’s guardians will be required to check off a liability/wellness waver upon registration and payment acknowledging the risks involved. As well as stating they understand that they are not to attend a lesson if they experiencing any symptoms of illness, or have been in contact with anybody experiencing symptoms of illness, awaiting a Covid-19 test result or have been in contact with anybody awaiting results, have tested positive or been in contact with anybody who has tested positive. These rules will apply for staff as well.
- Dancers will wait outside the main studio entrance until a staff member greets them for their scheduled time slot. Either we will have a desk staff person to help assist with this or we will keep the door locked in between comings and goings.
- Upon entry, Dancers will be required to either wash their hands with soap and water or use provided hand sanitizer
- Once hand hygiene is complete they will follow their instructor to their studio room
- Dancers and staff will be required to follow social distancing measures while in the studio space. This is allowing 6ft or greater between all dancers/staff at all times. Masks will be required where this is not possible
- Once dancers have entered their studio they will proceed to their designated spot in that classroom. Look for taped markings on the floor
- All students will come dressed, ready for class. Students will require a small dance bin/bag for their dance shoes, a water bottle and to put their outside clothing in. This bag will remain with students as the change rooms are currently closed.
- During pick up, dancers will be escorted to their guardian.
- The schedule has allowance for regular cleaning between blocks of dancers. This will include mopping floors and sanitizing high touch areas.
- We will implement any other safety protocols required by the government and/or the health unit.
- Any staff who feels a dancer is not feeling well has the right to deny lessons.
- Have fun! Our dancers are excited and eager to continue their training and work with their teachers face to face!
What happens if things shut down again?
If we are required to suspend in-studio classes for a prolonged period due to an Emergency Declaration or other required closure(s) (except for a snow event), dance classes will continue online. Clients will continue to pay for the balance of the term. Clients who elect to drop-out as a result of this change will be provided a pro-rated refund, less a 15% administrative fee.
Thank you for your support and understanding
We cannot do this without you. We have taken every measure possible to keep our dancers, faculty, and staff healthy and safe. Children that are not feeling well or have fever are asked to stay home and take class virtually. Thank you for doing your part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.