Things To Plan For
We have two terms for dance lessons (fall-winter & winter-spring), plus a summer program including dance camp and technique classes.
- Term 1: Sep 20, 2021 - Feb 13, 2022
- Term 2: Feb 14, 2022 - June 26, 2022
- Summer Technique: Tue, Wed, Thr through the summer. See social media and the Square Store)
- Private Lessons: based on studio and faculty availability
We will be closed on the following dates this dance season:
- Thanksgiving: Oct 11, 2021
- Hallowe'en*: Oct 31, 2021
- Holiday Break: Dec 20 - Jan 2, 2022
- Family Day*: Feb 21, 2022
- March Break*: Mar 14-20, 2022
- Good Friday*: Apr 15, 2022
- Victoria Day*: May 23, 2022
*Competitive classes may be held on these dates
Shows and Events
Our annual Holiday Showcase is a treat for friends and family. There will be raffle prizes, a yummy bake sale table and tons of dances that will put everyone the holiday spirit.
The Nutcracker TeaEach year our ballet students work together to put on a production of the Nutcracker in the form of a tea. This is their opportunity to learn how to put on a production from start to finish - including set design, tickets, event management, stage management and baking (you need treats for a tea!). This is an exciting project that Dance Adventure has done since opening in 1999. It is also a wonderful afternoon of dance and delicious goodies!
Benefits & Community Performances
Each year our dancers are asked to perform at a variety of local shows and benefits. Please watch for signs at the studio for more information.
Year End Show
Friends and family are welcome to attend Dance Adventure's Year-End Show at Humanities Theatre in Waterloo. All students will perform at each of the exciting and entertaining shows that you won't want to miss!
- Show Dates:
- Sat June 18, 2022, 1:00 pm
- Sat June 18, 2022, 7:00 pm
- Sun June 19, 2022, 1:00 pm
- Dress Rehearsal:
- Thr June 16, 2022 (5pm-10pm)
- Location: Humanities Theatre, University of Waterloo
Costumes: Will be ready for pick-up the week before the rehearsal.
Tickets: Go on sale in mid May. Tickets can be purchased through the Humanities Theatre Box Office. Seating is assigned; should dancers wish to watch the show, they will require a ticket.
We’re often asked if there is a way for people to purchase gift cards for dance (e.g., if Grandma wants to help pay for costumes for Christmas). We’ve now added the ability to purchase electronic-gift cards which can be purchased by clicking the button to the left. Gift cards can only be used for studio items (e.g., term fees, costumes), but not for fundraising or comp-team related items.
- Payments can be made by Square Invoice, Debit, Visa, MasterCard or eTransfer. Please make cheques payable to Dance Adventure KW Inc
- The Annual Registration Fee is non-refundable and is required for each dancer upon registration
- All class payments are required at the beginning of each dance term
- In the event of a Snow Event or other short-term (e.g. 1-2 day) Emergency Declaration, dance classes will continue online.
- If we are required to suspend in-studio classes for a prolonged period due to an Emergency Declaration or other required closure(s), dance classes will continue online. Clients will continue to pay for the balance of the term. Clients who elect to drop-out as a result of this change will be provided a pro-rated refund, less a 10% administrative fee.
- Payment plans are available and may be subject to an administrative fee
- Pro-rated refunds for dance classes are available, upon request, until the 80% point of the term.
- Costume fees for recreational classes are a flat fee associated with recital costumes. This fee is the complete fee for those costumes. Payment is requested at term 1 registration but required at the beginning of term 2. Costume Fees are refundable, upon request, until March 1 for recreational classes.*Important: if your dancer will not be taking part in the Year End Recital it is the parent's responsibility to advise the instructor for each class as well as the desk staff prior to March 1 else you will be charged for the costume.
- The competitive costume fee is a deposit toward competition group-dance costumes (solos, duets, etc. are not included). Payment is required at term 1 registration.
- Non-sufficient fund payments are subject to a $35 fee. Insufficient funds for payment-plan scenarios are subject to a $45 fee
- Dancers, family members and guests to Dance Adventure KW Inc. facilities or sanctioned events agree to report unsafe conduct or conditions to studio staff or a studio representative
- Dance Adventure KW Inc. reserves the right to utilize images of, or quotes from, dancers, family members and guests to the studio or studio sanctioned events in studio related promotional material