Things To Plan For
We have two terms for dance lessons (fall-winter & winter-spring), plus a summer program including dance camp and technique classes.
- Term 1: September 21, 2020 - January 31, 2021
- Term 2: February 1, 2021 - June 19, 2020
- Dance Camp:
Two one-week sessions in mid to late July. More details to come!
- Summer Technique: Tuesdays & Thursdays through the summer
- Private Lessons: based on studio and faculty availability
We will be closed on the following dates this dance season:
- Thanksgiving: Oct 12, 2020
- Hallowe'en*: Oct 31, 2020
- Holiday Break: Dec 20 - Jan 3, 2021
- Family Day*: Feb 15, 2021
- March Break*: Apr 12-18, 2021
- Good Friday*: Apr 2, 2021
- Victoria Day*: May 24, 2021
*Competitive classes may be held on these dates
Shows and Events
Our annual Holiday Showcase is a treat for friends and family. There will be raffle prizes, a yummy bake sale table and tons of dances that will put everyone the holiday spirit.
The Nutcracker TeaEach year our ballet students work together to put on a production of the Nutcracker in the form of a tea. This is their opportunity to learn how to put on a production from start to finish - including set design, tickets, event management, stage management and baking (you need treats for a tea!). This is an exciting project that Dance Adventure has done since opening in 1999. It is also a wonderful afternoon of dance and delicious goodies!
Benefits & Community Performances
Each year our dancers are asked to perform at a variety of local shows and benefits. Please watch for signs at the studio for more information.
Year End Show
Friends and family are welcome to attend Dance Adventure's Year-End Show at Humanities Theatre in Waterloo. All students will perform at each of the exciting and entertaining shows that you won't want to miss!
- Payments can be made by debit, Visa, MasterCard or eTransfer. Please make cheques payable to Dance Adventure KW Inc
- The Annual Registration Fee is non-refundable and is required for each dancer upon registration
- All class payments are required at the beginning of each dance term
- If we are required to suspend in-studio classes for a prolonged period due to an Emergency Declaration or other required closure(s) (except for a snow event), dance classes will continue online. Clients will continue to pay for the balance of the term and will receive a 20% discount on their fees for classes that are affected.
- Payment plans are available and may be subject to an administrative fee
- Pro-rated refunds for dance classes are available, upon request, until the 80% point of the term.
- Costume fees for recreational classes are a flat fee associated with recital costumes. This fee is the complete fee for those costumes. Payment is requested at term 1 registration but required at the beginning of term 2. Costume Fees are refundable, upon request, until March 15 for recreational classes.*Important: if your dancer will not be taking part in the Year End Recital it is the parent's responsibility to advise the instructor for each class as well as the desk staff prior to March 15 else you will be charged for the costume.
- The competitive costume fee is a deposit toward competition group-dance costumes (solos, duets, etc. are not included). Payment is required at term 1 registration.
- Non-sufficient fund payments are subject to a $35 fee. Insufficient funds for payment-plan scenarios are subject to a $45 fee
- Dancers, family members and guests to Dance Adventure KW Inc. facilities or sanctioned events agree to report unsafe conduct or conditions to studio staff or a studio representative
- Dance Adventure KW Inc. reserves the right to utilize images of, or quotes from, dancers, family members and guests to the studio or studio sanctioned events in studio related promotional material
We’re often asked if there is a way for people to purchase gift cards for dance (e.g., if Grandma wants to help pay for costumes for Christmas). We’ve now added the ability to purchase electronic-gift cards which can be purchased by clicking the button to the left. Gift cards can only be used for studio items (e.g., term fees, costumes), but not for fundraising or comp-team related items.