New Studio Protocols due to COVID-19:
Prior to entering the studio:
Everyone will be required to complete the Dance Adventure Pre-Screen form, available here: DA Pre-Screen Form or by scanning the QR code on the studio window.
We require that all dancers, staff and affiliates entering the building fill out this electronic form prior to being
granted access. Parents/caregivers must also complete the online health waiver for themselves when accompanying their children.
Only one parent will be permitted into the studio for children under 5yrs. No other parents or family members (including siblings) will be allowed into the studio.
- Parents entering our facility will require a mask.
- Dancers 9+ will require a mask as they enter and exit the building but will remove their mask
in the dance studio and place it with their belongings.
- Dancers 8 or less are encouraged to wear a mask, but it is not required
Other things to expect:
- Dancer’s guardians will be required to check off a liability/wellness waver upon registration and payment
acknowledging the risks involved. As well as stating they understand that they are not to attend a lesson if they
experiencing any symptoms of illness, or have been in contact with anybody experiencing symptoms of illness,
awaiting a Covid-19 test result or have been in contact with anybody awaiting results, have tested positive or been
in contact with anybody who has tested positive. These rules will apply for staff as well.
- Dancers will wait outside the main studio entrance until a staff member greets them for their scheduled time
slot. Either we will have a desk staff person to help assist with this or we will keep the door locked in
between comings and goings.
- Upon entry, Dancers will be required to either wash their hands with soap and water or use provided hand sanitizer
- Once hand hygiene is complete they will follow their instructor to their studio room
- Dancers and staff will be required to follow social distancing measures while in the studio space. This is
allowing 6ft or greater between all dancers/staff at all times. Masks will be required where this is not possible
- Once dancers have entered their studio they will proceed to their designated spot in that classroom. Look for
taped markings on the floor
- All students will come dressed, ready for class. Students will require a dance bag for their dance shoes, a water bottle and to put their outside clothing in. This bag will remain with students as the change rooms are currently closed.
- During pick up, dancers will be escorted to their guardian.
- The schedule has allowance of 15 minutes in between each session for proper cleaning. This will include mopping
floors and sanitizig high touch areas.
- We will implement any other safety protocols required by the government and/or the health unit.
- Any staff who feels a dancer is not feeling well has the right to deny lessons.
- Have fun! Our dancers are excited and eager to continue their training and work with their teachers face to
Thank you for your support and understanding
We cannot do this without you. We have taken every measure possible to keep our dancers, faculty, and staff healthy and safe. Children that are not feeling well or have fever are asked to stay home and take class virtually. Thank you for doing your part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Forgot the classes you signed up for this year? Fill in this form and we'll email you your classes and account balance.
We’re often asked if there is a way for people to purchase gift cards for dance (e.g., if Grandma wants to help pay for costumes for Christmas). We’ve now added the ability to purchase electronic-gift cards which can be purchased by clicking the button to the left. Gift cards can only be used for studio items (e.g., term fees, costumes), but not for fundraising or comp-team related items.
Things To Plan For
There are no events.
We have two terms for dance lessons (fall-winter & winter-spring), plus a summer program including dance camp and technique classes.
- Term 1: September 14, 2020 - February 7, 2021
- Term 2: February 8, 2021 - June 19, 2020
- Dance Camp:
Two one-week sessions in mid to late July. More details to come!
- Summer Technique: Tuesdays & Thursdays through the summer
- Private Lessons: based on studio and faculty availability
We will be closed on the following dates this dance season:
- Thanksgiving: Oct 12, 2020
- Hallowe'en*: Oct 31, 2020
- Holiday Break: Dec 20 - Jan 3, 2021
- Family Day*: Feb 15, 2021
- March Break*: Mar ?, 2021
- Good Friday*: Apr 2, 2021
- Victoria Day*: May 24, 2021
*Competitive classes may be held on these dates
Shows and Events
Our annual Holiday Showcase is a treat for friends and family. There will be raffle prizes, a yummy bake sale table and tons of dances that will put everyone the holiday spirit.
The Nutcracker TeaEach year our ballet students work together to put on a production of the Nutcracker in the form of a tea. This is their opportunity to learn how to put on a production from start to finish - including set design, tickets, event management, stage management and baking (you need treats for a tea!). This is an exciting project that Dance Adventure has done since opening in 1999. It is also a wonderful afternoon of dance and delicious goodies!
Benefits & Community Performances
Each year our dancers are asked to perform at a variety of local shows and benefits. Please watch for signs at the studio for more information.
Year End Show
Friends and family are welcome to attend Dance Adventure's Year-End Show at Humanities Theatre in Waterloo. All students will perform at each of the exciting and entertaining shows that you won't want to miss!
- Payments can be made by cash, cheque, debit, Visa, MasterCard or eTransfer. Please make cheques payable to Dance Adventure KW Inc
- The Annual Registration Fee is non-refundable and is required for each dancer upon registration
- All class payments are required at the beginning of each dance term
- If we are required to suspend in-studio classes due to an Emergency Declaration or other required closure(s), all dance classes will continue online. Clients will continue to pay for classes and will receive a 20% discount on their fees for classes that are affected.
- Payment plans are available and may be subject to an administrative fee
- Pro-rated refunds for dance classes are available, upon request, until the 80% point of the term.
- Costume fees for recreational classes are a flat fee associated with recital costumes. This fee is the complete fee for those costumes. Payment is requested at term 1 registration but required at the beginning of term 2. Costume Fees are refundable, upon request, until March 15 for recreational classes.*Important: if your dancer will not be taking part in the Year End Recital it is the parent's responsibility to advise the instructor for each class as well as the desk staff prior to March 15 else you will be charged for the costume.
- The competitive costume fee is a deposit toward competition group-dance costumes (solos, duets, etc. are not included). Payment is required at term 1 registration.
- NSF Cheques are subject to a $35 fee. Insufficient funds for payment plan scenarios are subject to a $45 fee
- Dancers, family members and guests to Dance Adventure KW Inc. facilities or sanctioned events agree to report unsafe conduct or conditions to studio staff or a studio representative
- Dance Adventure KW Inc. reserves the right to utilize images of, or quotes from, dancers, family members and guests to the studio or studio sanctioned events in studio related promotional material